Homemaker Lettings Property Manager, Anthony McMullan, speaks at Simon Zutshi’s Property Investors Network (PIN) Meeting in Coventry.
Anthony gave 10 Tips that each landlord should follow when Investing in and Managing Property.
- Check your property’s rental protential before you invest.
- Protect your property.
- Make sure you know and record all of your costs.
- Ensure your property is let legally.
- Keep you property well maintained.
- Is your Tenancy Agreement up to date?
- Ensure tenants sign and date each page of all lettings documentation.
- Understand the Terms of Business you sign with a Lettings Agent.
- Minimise your tax bill by working with a property tax specialist.
- Carry out regular property checks / periodics.
At next months meeting, another member of the Homemaker Lettings team will be talking about Housing Benefit tenants. We will give some tips to help you to be successful in this market.
If you wish to book onto the next meeting on the 12th of June please book on https://propertyinvestorsnetwork.co.uk/meetings/coventry-and-warwickshire/