For every landlord or property investor, the decision of whether to go with a Lettings Agent or manage your Buy to Let property is a key question, and on top of this, which Lettings Agent do you go with and what should you expect?
In the September Property Investors Network (PIN) Meeting in Coventry, Homemaker Lettings team members Kevin & Anthony McMullan speak about these key points and bring up a few questions that you should ask.
A Letting Agent Should…
- Let your Property at the right market value Ensure your property is let legally (Gas Certs / EPC, Etc)
- Carry out regular property checks / periodic’s & give Feedback
- Keep your property well maintained
- Ensure your Tenancy Agreement is Legal and up to date
- Ensure any arrears are chased immediately
- Place your deposit in a secure Government recommended Scheme
- Pay your Net Rent in a timely manner
- Make Annual Increases on Rent if appropriate (RPI / CPI based)
- Offer advice on maximising Rental Return (ROI)
- Have wide range of Tradesmen to carry out any necessary work
Which Agent – An Alternative View!!!
- Local Company with Local Knowledge
- Buy to Let Owners themselves (understand the pain of voids)
- Not a One Man Band
- Must advertise on Internet and Social Media
- Must use To Let Boards
- Demonstrateable Knowledge and Expertise in your market (HB / Multi Lets / Etc)
- Offer Competitive Fees (not end story though)
If you’re about to put your property on the market give Homemaker Lettings a call on 02476 100390 and we may be able to help you increase your rental income or maybe help you let your property quicker?
The next Property Investors Meeting will be on Tuesday 9th October 2012, we will give you further useful tips to help you to be successful in
the property market.
If you wish to book onto the next meeting please log on to https://propertyinvestorsnetwork.co.uk/meetings/coventry-and-warwickshire/